Setting Up An AOL Email Account
An AOL email is a free email service, which is a web-based email service. In order to get a free AOL mail login, all is required is a computer or a mobile device with an internet connection and a web browser program like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox.
The advantage of having an AOL mail inbox is that it can be accessed in any and all web browsers and can also be used as a login for your social networking accounts or any other account for that matter. The AOL login can also be utilized for other services offered by AOL.
Described below are the procedural instructions and pictures to assist you to access my AOL email account.
• Open a web browser program and go to the AOL home page at www.aol.com.
• It is not guaranteed that the page will appear as it does on picture number 1. Nonetheless, you should just find the mail icon on top click on “SIGN IN | SIGN UP.” You can also go directly to https://my.screenname.aol.com.
• Once loaded, an AOL mail sign in page opens on picture number 2. Click on the “Get a Free Username” link. Note that you also have the option of signing in using your Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, or Yahoo! Email accounts by clicking their icon.
• You will then be brought to an AOL email sign in form, as seen in picture 3.
• There may be instances that you may will be logged in someone else’s my AOL mail account instead of the registration form. In these cases, you have to sign out first and then reload the webpage. In instances in which the form is still not showing up, you should delete the cache, cookies, and/or passwords from the web browser program. You can even try to use a different web browser program.
• On the form, put in your First Name, Last name, Username, Password, Date of birth, Gender, Zip code, Security Question, Mobile Phone, Alternate email, and the Confirmation Code.
• The AOL username is for your possible email address. The format of an AOL email address is email@example.com. You can only come up with the username. The @aol.com is all the same for all AOL email accounts. Note that your username must be at least 3 characters long.
• AOL has millions of users. For you to get the email account of your choice, the username should be unique. Try looking up on how to create good usernames. When you put in your preferred username, AOL automatically checks if the username is already in use. AOL also gives you recommendations for other usernames you can use. You can make use of characters like the underscore “_” and the period “.”, as needed. Finding a unique username can take a little time, especially if you have a common name, but do not get disheartened.
• Once you have your unique AOL mail login username, congratulations, you are almost there!
• As with any email account or any account for that matter, your AOL mail login needs a password for security. You do not want other people to access your private email, right? Try to research on how to create strong passwords, which should be difficult to guess. As you plug in your password, the characters will be replaced by dots. AOL will require that you have a password that is 8 to 16 characters. You also have to retype it again.
• Once you have an acceptable password, click on “Sign Up.” There. You have your AOL email!